Deacon Digest is a bimonthly magazine that serves permanent deacons and deacon candidates as they serve the Church by helping them foster intimate communion with Christ the Servant. Through a cultivation of the interior life, which leads to effective ministry, Deacon Digest contributes to the mission of the Church by making present the totus Christus (the “whole Christ”) to the world.
Deacon Digest seeks to build a community of men on fire for the diaconate through quality content that forms, informs and inspires.
Radiating joy, Deacon Digest is a trustworthy resource that accompanies deacons, deacon candidates and deacon directors as they live out, learn about and support diaconal ministry.
Deacon Digest accepts submissions of articles that seek to form, inform or inspire deacons, deacon candidates or deacon wives; that emphasize the cultivation of the interior life for deacons; and that builds community within the diaconate.
We accept submissions at the following lengths: 600 words, 1,200 words, 1,500 words, and 2,000 words (our In Focus, written on one topic with multiple components). Payment varies based on length.
All submissions must be:
- Relevant to the diaconate, containing a specific angle for that demographic
- Faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Well-written and well-edited
- Crafted with a charitable tone
- Original in content (not plagiarized)
- Not previously published, either in print or online
Things to know:
- Please include at the bottom of each article a short, one-sentence bio.
- Please include at the top of each submission your preferred mailing address as well as your email address.
- Writers are paid upon publication
- We generally follow AP and Catholic News Service Style (found at catholicnews.com)
- We do not accept poetry or fiction
- Deacon Digest is published six times a year